- Strong allies to count on
- Excellent qualification record
- Vocals are acceptable
- Language changed to Romanian
- Entry is rather unambitious and doesn’t stand out
- There are better songs of this genre in semi 2
Moldova tonight chose Aliona Moon to represent them in Malmö with her song A Million.
Although Aliona was behind Boris Covali in the televote (36.5% to 28.5% – the rest were nowhere), the jury votes, when converted into Eurovision points, gave her a victory of two points over Covali.
What can I say? It’s an unremarkable mid-tempo ballad. Not bad, but not good. Her voice is OK, English pronunciation dodgy, but that’s unlikely to count against her in the voting. I think it should qualify, given the presence of friends in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus in their semi, but I don’t see it as a contender. Although I dream of the days of the quirky anarchy of “Granny Bangs The Drums”
What do you think to O Mie?